The following important Agenda Items are of interest to all of us:
Full Council Agenda)
1. An update on Council's Correspondence with NAV CANADA.
2. A Presentation by the VANCOUVER PORT AUTHORITY LIAISON COMMITTEE.
3. A Report on the SOUTH FRASER PERIMETER ROAD concerning HERITAGE SITES.
(Link to Report of the Heritage Advisory Committee)
4. During QUESTION PERIOD @ 6:45, there will likely be a question posed to Council concerning the following Request presented to Council at an informal "Workshop Meeting" by members of the Port Public Awareness Action Group, and which the Mayor had agreed to bring to an Official Council Meeting for consideration:
"We respectfully request that Council as a Whole take under consideration, the appointment or delegation of 2 or 3 Members of Council to work together with representatives of the newly formed "COALITION TO SAVE DELTA" Member Groups, in order to pursue possible avenues of implementation of, and to report back to Council for further consideration of, a PUBLIC FORUM FOR A COMMUNITY VISION FOR DELTA, and a concurrent CONSTITUENT SURVEY OF PUBLIC CONCERNS."
5. During the "New Business" portion of the Council meeting, a Member of Council will enter this Request as an "Official Agenda" Item for discussion, and/or make a NOTICE OF MOTION FOR COUNCIL TO OFFICIALLY RESPOND TO THE REQUEST.
WE WANT COUNCIL TO TAKE A DEFINITIVE STAND ON BEHALF OF DELTA RESIDENTS
A STRONG SHOWING OF PUBLIC INTEREST, CONCERN, AND SUPPORT IS VITAL!
PLEASE ATTEND THIS MEETING
Port Public Awareness Action Group