On July 10, 2006, a small group of Sunbury members met with Minister of Tranportation, Kevin Falcon and our local MP, Sukh Dhaliwal.
Sunbury Neighbourhood Association
Presentation to Kevin Falcon July 10, 2006
We believe there needs to be a new road.
The traffic has to move. We agree that we need a truck route for the Port traffic.
The current route has the following negative impacts:
· Burns Bog
o The lungs of the Lower Mainland
o Unique ecosystem very vulnerable
· Fraser River
o Already under threat
o Heart of the Province
· Foreshore and Ravines from Deas Island to Golden Ears Bridge
o Seven protected Ravines from Alex Fraser to Elevator Road
o Vital fish habitat, bird and wildlife habitats
· Neighbourhood Impacts
· Sunbury Annieville surrounded by Highways SFPR / Nordel Way
o 2000 homes
o 5000 people
o 3 schools
o Long-term stable neighbourhood People are committed to this neighbourhood and will fight for it.
· Property values will decline / properties will transition to rental
· Oldest Neighbourhood south of the Fraser Homes and residents for the past 100 years.
· St Mungo archeological site is an indicator of what construction will find wherever they dig 8,000 years of history.
· Air Quality / Light Pollution / Sound Pollution all negatively impact our neighbourhood.
· 75 homes planned to be expropriated in our neighbourhood
Your Gateway proposal will kill the environment and kill our neighbourhood.
The Tunnel Proposal A better alternative:
The visionary tunnel proposal saves the environment and saves our neighbourhood.